Code of Good Conduct
Each member of the Federation COC Nederland – including all 20 local/regional COC
organisations, the Federation office and the youth organisation Expreszo – is subject to the
same Code of Good Conduct. This Code includes a set of rules of conduct by means of which
COC wants to promote good behaviour and provide a safe place for everyone. As part of our
determined efforts to eliminate unwelcome behaviour, we also have an independent
complaints committee (klachtencommissie) that serves the entire Federation. Anyone with
questions regarding unwelcome behaviour within the organisation will also have the
opportunity to discuss this with one of the Federation’s confidential advisors
Rules of conduct at COC
COC offers a safe place to everyone who comes there: from occasional visitors or
participants in COC activities to its volunteers and employees. The safe space means that
people treat each other with respect, with integrity and with a cooperative spirit, so that
everyone can work together in a positive and responsible way. To ensure such a safe space
we have formulated the following rules for everyone in the form of personal statements:
- I accept and respect everyone and I do not discriminate against anyone. Everyone
counts within the organisation.
- I do not make assumptions about a person’s sexual orientation or gender identity.
- I take into account any boundaries indicated by the other person.
- I do not harass anyone.
- I do not harm anyone.
- I do not insult anyone or tell jokes or make comments about other people.
- I treat any information I receive from other people as confidential.
- I do not ignore anyone.
- I do not participate in bullying or laughing or gossiping about people.
- I do not fight, I do not use violence, and I do not threaten others.
- I do not get too close to anyone and I do not touch anyone against their will.
- I do not give anyone unwelcome sexual attention.
- I do not ask inappropriate questions or make unwelcome comments about anyone’s
personal life or appearance.
- I make it clear to others where my own personal boundaries lie, and I confront
anyone who goes too far in relation to those.
- I help others to keep to these rules, and I confront anyone who does not keep to
- I do not abuse my position of power in any way.
- I deal responsibly with the resources of the organisation.
More information about all the procedures: Code of Good Conduct
Nous avons une traduction française disponible: Code de Bonne Conduite