Do you want to ensure that other queer students can meet each other in a safe but cozy environment? Are you full of ideas about what can be organized in Maastricht? Do you want to influence the LGBTI/queer policy in Maastricht? For the new academic year 2023-2024, we are looking for an enthusiastic volunteer coordinator for the Dionyx student group!
What does your evening as a coordinator look like?
It’s Thursday evening, you are present in Café Rosé. Together with other volunteers, you came up with the idea to organise a pub quiz. Before the pub quiz starts you greet the visitors. You make sure that queer students feel safe but can also enjoy a fun evening. The bar is already quite full, and you instruct the volunteers to start the pub quiz. You have asked a volunteer to present it, but you as coordinator are also happy to do an introduction. Later in the evening, the pub quiz is over time for an after-drink. When Dionyx ends is up to you.
What is Dionyx?
Dionyx has been the place where queer students come together since 2016. A group of enthusiastic students who try to create a diverse and inclusive environment for students in Maastricht. Dionyx is supported by COC Limburg, the LGBTI and queer organization active in Maastricht since 1972.
What are you going to do?
- You are the eyes and ears of the queer students.
- You manage a diverse team of volunteers. (not the bar volunteers, this is done by Café Rosé)
- You guide new volunteers.
- You organize a meeting every month.
- You actively participate in how the activities should be set up.
- You seek cooperation with other student associations.
- You will further expand the collaboration with UM Pride.
- You draw up a plan of action together with the COC employee.
Who are you?
- You have the following competencies; strong communication skills, listening, and flexibility.
- You work problem-solving and are great at planning and organizing.
- You have an open and flexible attitude and are stress resistant.
- You are a team player and get along well with volunteers from all target groups.
What do we offer you?
- You receive free courses and training through the COC Academy.
- The working group receives a budget for the activities.
- You can declare travel expenses.
- You have the influence to change the LGBTI/queer policy in your area!
Are you interested? Click on the button below!